Our match day three game at the Saint Martin’s Anglican Park, Daboase against Skyy FC was abandoned due to strings of questionable decisions from the refereeing officials against Sekondi Hasaacas FC.

Two officials and a player were sent off as Hasmal discontinued a 1-1 draw at Saint Martin’s Anglican Park against Skyy FC.

Referee Josiah K. Ansah flanked by Patrick Papala and Agbashie Adams on line one and two were charged to bring to fruition that which the game promised – excitement.

The atmosphere at the venue was all for it even at 30 minutes early, but Referee Josiah K. Ansah failed to make everyone proud.

On the game proper, the host snatched the lead through forward Ebenezer Edukwaw. It was a beauty and the young man will relish the situation.

Edukwaw blasted in a thunderbolt when a corner was teed to him some few metres off the penalty box with just 7 minutes to the end of the first half.

There were fine moments, but series of questionable decisions from Referee Josiah K. Ansah erased the beauty of the game.

Mr. Richard Quarshie, the team doctor had to be sent off; his charge was that he had insisted on giving a player first aid on the field before stretching him off.

And even at the dying embers of the game when Goalkeeper Anthony Brebo fell off after a collision, there was no expert medic to help him out.

Team manager Hamid Williams was also shown the exit just after that for coming on the field to replace the red carded team doctor, Mr. Richard Quarshie.

All these happened before recess, adding to the rage on the chest of the traveling fans.

We quickly responded via the promptings of Philip Flamini two minutes into the second half. His free kick was turned in after it deflected off the back of Theophilus Awortwe.

George Ekow Annan came on for Edmund Ampofo introducing some top level energy on the front role.

George Ekow Annan received a defense splitting pass from John Koomson. He dribbled two opponents and was brought down just on the edge of the penalty box, referee whistled against Hasaacas instead of going in our favor.

We had to play the remaining 25 minutes with 10 men. And that didn’t hurt much, the midfield duo of Ibrahim Sanah and Albert Adjei filled every void.

The fourth official on the orders of the central referee signaled 10 minutes of additional time.

Sometimes, though, it’s difficult to be so forgiving. This one was glaring and hard to call, but the Referee did. Halfway through the additional 10 minutes, the referee called for a penalty and almost everyone at the venue challenged the decision.

A strike whacked the knee of Thomas Aboagye and the referee surprisingly pointed to the spot. And disturbingly as it sounds we had to make a decision to discontinue the game.

It hurts, but through the level of trying to normalize our football we should do things right.

Statement on the game will be released soon.

Hasmal We Go Do!
Play the Game, but Lovely!